What I'm doing now
Designing better thought-processing tools
I’m part of the small team building Obsidian, a non-linear thought processing app that helps you think more clearly about complex topics. I am also iterating on several free and open source Obsidian add-ons particularly a theme called Minimal.
Learn more about this:
- Evergreen notes turn ideas into objects that you can manipulate
- 40 questions to ask yourself every year
Accelerating the transition to sustainable packaging
Since 2015, I have been running Lumi with my friend Jesse Genet. We make software that helps businesses build a more sustainable packaging supply chain:
- Lumi a software platform to collaborate with packaging and print manufacturers.
- a packaging identification tool that helps end-consumers access packaging disposal and sustainability information.
- Slash Packaging a directory of brands that have a /packaging page where they share their packaging sustainability commitments. Why I started this.
Exploring how we can change patterns of consumption
I hosted a podcast called Well Made. It’s a compendium of ideas that can help us shift the way we think about the long-term health of our planet and people.
My guests have included entrepreneurs, journalists, non-profit leaders, authors, and experts, from organizations like Patagonia, Climate Neutral, B Corporations, Shopify, Etsy, The Wall Street Journal and more.